Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday - here we go again

Funny I seem to have a new song stuck in my head. I really love the rhythem and beat of the song. I must look hilarious singing and dancing along to it but for now I love it. At least I would laugh if I saw a 30 something white mother of 2 little ankle biters, shaking her booty to You spin me round - by Flow rider. Seriously.

But I choose to believe it's karma right now. Ever time I feel like totally losing it over all the "stuff" going on in my life right now, some how this song finds me and I can't help but get a great big smile on my face and start dancing around.

I heard this song on my way to my 2 hour job interview, I heard this song on my weekend away and just now tonight while I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I have too many balls in the air right now you guessed it - my song on an episode of CSI Miami no less. (of course one of the episodes with p.diddy)

I was coming here tonight to whine and complain again about all the crap going on around here, not here... with me. I am all over the place right now. Trying to do a good job at work, trying to get a new job, trying to be a goode Mom, good wife. I've almost thrown good friend out the window because hey who has time for that!

I have a girls weekend coming up after march break and I am so looking forward to it. I haven't seen most of these gals since before Christmas, that's just friggin crazy.

I feel over committed, I wish I could say I feel under appreciated but the truth is I really feel like I haven't done much to be appreciated for. I feel like my efforts are mediocre, hovering just below the surface of good enough. Definately not noticeable definately not the level or results I am used to performing at.

Mediocre that's how I am feeling. boo I DONT LIKE IT.

So it's time to kick some ass and take some names. i am sick of feeling this worn out worn down and sucky.

Step One: Schedule hair cut and highlights and purchase new outfit. Doesn't have to be expensive just new, Something to shake me loose.

Thanks for listening.
-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is the plight of a working mom - mediocrity is often the best we can do. And I HATE that. It's impossible to do (at least) 2 full time jobs with any sort of aplomb. I think if I "only" had to worry about my career, or "only" had to worry about my family, I would get much closer to excellence.

I know the feeling. It sucks. I'm always just coming in with the bare minimum.

Sherio said...

I completely agree with both of you. And I just did what are going to do - I finally made that appointment at Marc Anthony's salon downtown Toronto and got a funky new haircut - with tons of highlights - and I feel so much better. We do what we can to make the ends meet for everyone else - but sometimes it really does need to be all about us. Go for it, my girl, you deserve it!