Thursday, July 2, 2009

Crazy Summer brewing

So we are 10 minus 10 and counting on my in-laws leaving for Italy this summer. This means I have had to get creative with my childcare for the summer. I think I have managed to cover off each day with a combination of my vacation days, my neice, my parents, my grandparents and my brother in law. The therapy aide that comes in for the boy has also offered to help our bless her.

On top of that we are ripping apart our living room due to water damage to the side wall and the ceiling. We decided to take on this project because we would be able to move in to the in-laws were gone and then I don't have to raise two little kids in a BIG mess. Complicate that by the fact that my brother in law had to sell his house (due to divorce) and does not get possession of his new house until the end of August. Yep Check that I will be living with 2 men this summer. Yippee for me.

So we are packing for an annual weekend away with friends, but it is increasingly feeling like we are running out of time to get everything ready for the inlaws to leave. We have been moving boxes as some of my BIL stuff went to storage and some of it came to my inlaws, trying to co-ordinate luggage and space for my MIL to start packing all while trying to keep up with our regular days.

I'm hoping we can keep most things on time and ticking along. And hopefully at the end of it we will have a nice new living room and a healthier home. We have a sneaking feeling that there is mold behind the wall and maybe in the ceiling that has been causing some health issues around here.

It's going to be crazy busy but it will all be worth it. Please try to understand if I don't return phone calls of emails right away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you chickie! Hang in there. The fall will get here somehow. :)

jenn said...

hehehe Your a brave soul thats all I can say!

love ya

hehe
xo