Monday, July 27, 2009

Living Room Reno - Week 2

So I started this post earlier today with the intent to tell you all the annoying/charming little things about living at my in-laws. Like the dryer to rival Minivan mom's. It takes literally 3 hours to dry 10 pairs of childrens' size 3 underwear and socks...honestly.

or I could tell you about the wicked awful sore throat and yucky feelingness that I have been experiencing for the last three days.

But really all I can tell you about it how my baby girl is really having a tough time sleeping in this house( i don't blame her) it is hot as balls in this house.

I think she is getting too hot in her room (she is sharing with her brother)and comes to sleep with me because its cooler. Ever morning about 3am she slips into bed beside me.

Tonight it is really hot and she just showed up at the door, she stayed for a half hour or so just enough to cool down and then went back to her room because the typing and reading light was bothering her (mean mommy) I'm sure she will be back in a few hours and I can hardly wait. It's not behaviour I want to encourage at all because it will take forever to undo it. But I have to admit I am savoring every last second that she sneaks in and lies beside me. I love it.

hubby has been sleeping a few nights here in the awful bed. a DOUBLE and a few nights at home in our glorious 3 month old Queen bed of awesomeness. I seriously better get a few weekends of sleeping in after this is all done.

We are on track so far to have drywall up this week and paint and carpet done next week which should have us moving back into our own house 2 days before the in-laws get home.

We may not have all the furniture bought yet but who cares I can sleep in my own bed again. thanks be to all that is good and holy!

No comments: