Sunday, February 6, 2011

Job Satisfaction

What is job satisfaction?

Am I satisfied in my current job? Yes, the work is familiar yet I learn something new everyday. I am competent in my job so I easily know and feel I am doing a good job. I have great hours that work around my family, I can drop the kids off at school and pick them up from school. I have a little time to myself everyday for lunch. There are no benefits which sucks, and I am making less money per hour. The people that I work for are good, solid honest people. they are understanding and forgiving and flexible. There is a career path that comes with this job that is achievable for me and will allow me to build a base for my own business in the future, affording me the flexibility that I want to work and be there for my family.

Why do I still find myself scanning the want ads? Do some habits just die hard?? I have been looking for a dream job for so many years now, I think I am having trouble NOT looking.

Actually I wasn't looking, A job posting was SENT to me.

It is a dream job, to help families with a child with special needs find the resources they need within the community. It is a small organization and I would have to wear many hats, volunteer co-ordination, fundraising.

It's crazy I came off my Maternity Leave early to take my current job. I have only been working with this company for a few months.

But I am going to throw my hat in the ring and see what happens. This job jsut seems like it would be such an awesome experience to learn and grow and help others who are going through what we are going through in our community.

Lord help me if I get to the point where I have to consider a job offer and decide what to do.

No comments: