Friday, February 4, 2011

Hacked

So last week, the flu swept through my household like the snow through Dallas. hard Fast and stayed for awhile. First my oldest, then the girl child, my hubby and by day 4 I was not feeling so shit hot myself.

Enter mysterious phone call that I should have known better then to entertain. However, when someone tells you they are doing a customer service call because a virus has been downloaded during your recent internet activity and since I had just finished downloading a series of lectures for a course I am taking and the baby was screaming in my ear and the oldest was lying on the couch moaning I took the call.

After all this little laptop had been my steadfast portal to sanity.

Needless to say in my moment of weekness I actually let them log on to my computer before I twigged that JARS SUPPORT was a total and complete SCAM.

Therefore full panic mode ensued and an emergency Blackberry message went out to all my IT people and a quick call to the Police and the Better Business Bureau. My day went to SHIT in a hurry. Thankfully, the IT guy we use at work took pity on me since he had actually received the same call from these guys and knew they were pretty harmless. He did a quick check on my laptop to make sure nothing had been downloaded and he deleted the program they used to log into my computer and he didn't have to destroy, delete, or uninstall and reinstall anything. he is my new hero.

However I had to spend 4.5 days with out my baby, my portal to sanity. My poor Blackberry took a beating. I am used to monitoring my bank account daily. I went insane.

Needless to say all is well. and those guys from JARS better not call back because if they get me when I'm on my A game I am going to lose my shit!

People who prey on other people....SUCK!

Have a nice day!

s

No comments: