Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Being a Working Mom SUCKS - Part 2

I am sitting here well past the time that I should be getting ready to go to work. Why? I know this is going to make my life miserable today if I don't get my ass in gear. But I just don't want to. I have a project that is overdue through no fault of my own, I have been waiting and waiting, remindings, asking and pleading for the information I need to complete this project. Now I have to go to the boss and I'm sure there will be a flip out because it should be done already. ANYWAY....

I would think its my strong tendency for avoiding public humiliation that is making me plant my but on the couch and write this silly little diddy instead of getting up and getting my shit together and getting to work.

I just want to play playdoeh with my kids today and read to them and see what's going on in their world. Is that so bad. But with 4 sick days and a vacation day under my belt for January alone, I would think I best get my butt to work. Ugghh!

so I better only spend another moment wallowing in this wasteland of pity and then go try to find an outfit that mildly makes me look put together and get dressed in 10 mins, wrestle the kids into something and get on the move.

Maybe if I don't look like an unfinished project no one will assume that anything is wrong.

Here's to a day that I will be glad when it's over!

No comments: