Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Being a Working Mom sucks Part 4

I've given up all pretenses of normalcy at this point. In theory my life is totally awsome the husband the kids the house the job, it's all good.

But in reality this week I am pulling my hair out. The FLU has visited our home again, not the achy I feel crappy flu, moaning and graoning crabby kid flu. NO oh no....We are experiencing the full blown 104 degree flu accompanied by delusions and projectile vomiting.

I have spent more time on the phone with my MIL (who is looking after the kids) while I put on the facade that I am working.

On top of that I had a job interview this morning for dream job #2 and one the the interview questions was "What do you consider you greatest accomplishment?"

WTF! I have cleaned 3 sets of sheets from projectile vomiting, I have had count'em 2 and 3 quarters hours sleep in the last two days, I am showered, well dressed and sitting here in front of you providing relatively coherent answers to your 2 hour interview. That is a goddamned feat of serious proportions and at this point in time my crowning achievement and definition of success in my lifetime.

WHAT that's not a real answer? oh all right. how about the fact that I am still employed at the same company after 13 years two buyouts and 5 name changes is that enough of an achievement for you? thanks I'm proud too.

I still like answer #1

Hopefully this will pass. if they still have temperatures tomorrow we will be visiting the doctor just for shits and giggles and I'll try to fit that into my already really short work week.

Now I am off to bed because I am afraid if I don't get some serious sleep soon I will be just as sick as them.

Keep you fingers crossed that I get a call back for 2nd interviews, maybe then I will get a chance to be my focused super amazing self. This compnay offers a fitness grant that you can apply for to pay for fitness equipment. IE that treadmill I have had my eye on. SWEET!

This too will pass and my life can go back to being super AWESOME! Thanks

Peace out!

-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also (barely) survived the flu last week at our house...only I didn't have a MIL to help with the kids. :( We did the "who has the more important day ahead of them?" game/barter each morning. Sucks. It is SO stressful being a working mom.

Shannon (SLBB) said...

Honestly Tracey if I was you I would curl up. I know I am so fortunate to have MIL (that I adore) so close and able to help us. We are still home today. I had to scramble to get people to cover my project assignements at work. THIS SUCKS!