Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chick Peas and Chocolate Chips

It's official! My husband thinks I have taken things to far. On Monday, Thanksgiving I was watching Oprah (come on everyone does it)and Jessica Seinfeld was on to peddle her new book Deceptively Delicious, how to hide veggie purees in your food so you not harrassing your kids during meals. As part of the goodies she brought on was chocolate chip cookies that have chick peas in them.

Now understand me when I say. I HATE chick peas. I have a girlfriend, sweet M, who will eat them whole, cold just for something to have for lunch. I want to barf everytime this happens. I think she does it on purpose just so she will have a giggle for the day. I digress.

So loing story short. I found the book (which is quite good, another post) and I made the friggin cookies. They are DELICIOUS! I love them!!! Even hubby says they are okay. He is choc chip expert and prefers his cookies more crunchy and dry.

Needless, it was a blast to bring some into work today and try to keep the secret of the ingredients until people finished the cookies. I did not have anyone throw the cookie away. Gave us a good distraction from work so overall mission accomplished.

After that the day went to hell. Work got more complicated. My son misbehaved for his entire physiotherapy session which his therapist stretched into almost two hours because he was being such a pain. When I finally got home exhausted. I hit the wall and gave into the realization that I can deny no longer.

I have the sinus cold my hubby had over the weekend. Yippee! I feel like crap and had to call him home from school to take our youngest to swimming lessons.

That's life and for the most part I'm loving it!

1 comment:

Sheri_O said...

Chick pea chocolate chip cookies? Seriously. Yep, you're finally there, you've become Martha Stewart. :) Apparently, you are dragging me kicking and screaming with you, because I feel the need to make these cookies to see my husband's face after he tries them and I tell him what's in them. :) No, wait, that just makes me evil. I'm good with that. [grin]