Monday, October 22, 2007

Scraps, What the Hell, Apple Slinky

So after my massive scrapbooking weekend. I am totally exhausted. Happy that along with planning the event with 2 others I was able to sit for a bit and get a few things done. Everything went well, so thank for anyone who was thinking of me.

However getting home on Saturday nite was when the tough work began. I had messages from my youngest Aunt who is only 5 years older than me, my Mother, My brother, holy crap. So I started with my aunt because I hadn't heard from her in awhile. Before I go there I have to say that my hubby talked to my mother the night before so I had a bit of a clue what the phone call was going to be about. My 17 yr old cousin is PREGNANT Yikes! (R if you read this... it is all about me and my reaction and inability to deal with the news, not what is happening to you, I love you and you will have my support always).

So, me and auntie had a bit of a heart to heart and uncle, well he's still in shock. All the while my kids are going balistic in the background and hubby is slamming cupboards and banging around. Even though he told me it was okay to return the call. Doink.

To put this in selfish perspective, I should let you know. I am the first grandchild, However I was not the first grandchild to have a child....No when I was in my 20s my 15 year old cousin beat me to it twice! K if you read this I know you are laughing because we are so over that! But when I heard the news about R it took me back to that place and I was just mad.

I guess I get mad because I managed to make it through highschool and after and 1 marriage without getting pregnant! What the hell is wrong with these girls, have you not heard about condoms, pills, the Fucking rhythem method for shit sake. At least make an attempt will ya!

I feel better now! My favorite for the day. Little guy went to the apple orchard today and made an apple slinky for a snack. How cute would that have been. I wish I could have been there. But no I was at work!

later

No comments: