Monday, November 19, 2007

Blog Take 5

Well...Not until I logged on today did I realize that I have not posted for the past 8 days. Not to say I haven't developed over 5 blogs in my mind over the past week, but no one wants to go there, least of all me. I survived it once no nee to go back.

It was a relatively passive week in our household. Some minor meltdowns.

As you know I am interviewing for my dream job, however will have to take a significant cut in pay and I have been running the numbers and I am just not sure how that will all play out in the end. But hubby has been supportive and said just take the job and we will figure it out later. Now my pragmatic mind says. "LATER, LATER are you kidding me LATER when, like when we are using food stamps and the food bank to feed our kids.

I am supposed to be supporting and raising funds for the community programs and social needs not a major recipent of these programs.

But like my sister said, can I really afford NOT to take the job if I am offered. It is working for a cause I am so deeply committed to because it has become my life and every aspect of the job is a no brainer for me and it is LESS hours so I may have some time to spend with my 18 month only who barely knows I am her mother.

Bugalo (our son) had an appointment for his orthotics and we had to cast him for new ones since he has grown so much. Then I was informed that the price has increased approx 30% since his last pair last year which were a cool $2500. Yikes.

Now here in Canada we get a portion of that covered approx 75% so you say who cares! But I tell you $800 before Christmas on the eve of possibly taking a 40% paycut was enough to drive me into a minor depression, until we stopped for Tim Horton's donuts on the way home. (way to pinch those pennys)

Well so much more has happened this week so I will try to be diligent and keep you posted.

I have my 2nd interview today so hopefully I will have some good news to post.

Now I must go groom myself and become presentable.

No comments: