Saturday, March 1, 2008

Organic Housekeeping

I was hoping this title may inspire me to get some housekeeping done.

You know, if I write about it, it will happen.?

Since my return to full time work, my cousin, Ka (who has a learning disability) has been helping me out by coming once a week to do the vacuuming of our main living area, changing the sheets on the beds and cleaning the bathroom, plus 2-3 loads of laundry while she's here. I can't even begin to tell you how helpful it has been to know that the basics are being covered.

I don't have to worry about cleaning the tub BEFORE bathing my children. NICE!

However, this still leaves the dusting, vacuuming the rest of the house, and the other 10 loads of laundry that my family of four manages to produce in a week.And picking up all the CRAP that we have in our house.

Now that's ORGANIC.

Anyway, I guess I just needed to complain a little before I suck it up and get started on the laundry.

I have been using this new Organic Laundry Detergent and fabric softner called Nature Clean, well I'm not sure if it's new to the marketplace, but it is new to me. I found it in our local healthfood store and two weeks later it was available in my grocery store. So I am sure they have been around for a while. I am minimally ahead of the trend you know.
I quite like it and no one in my family has noticed a difference in their clothes.

I also use their all purpose cleaner for mirrors and windows and counter tops, and the toilet bowl cleaner (which smells like pine) All work just as well as the brands I was using before.

Well, that laundry is NOT going away! I have to get groceries (cereal milk bread) and it has started snowing again.

Have a great Saturday!

S

1 comment:

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

It snowed again last night here also.

I'm so ready for spring!

PW's apple dumplings contain to much butter.... do NOT eat that or your thighs will hate you!

:-) Beth