Monday, June 16, 2008

Wicked Biker Chick!

You know how sometimes people will do a small meme with questions and answers? One of my favorite Q&A is Name one thing people would not know by looking at you? This is always a hard one for me because I figure I'm so transparent. I where my heart on my sleeve, if you ask me a question I will give you a straight answer. I mostly speak my mind and say what I think, usually asking if you REALLY want to know what I think.

But apparently there is something about me that people can't tell by looking at me.

I'm a wicked biker chick!

Yes it's true. Hubby and I just returned from our 6th year attending Friday the 13th in Port Dover, ON. This "event" started in 1981 when a group of guys who ride motorcycles decided to play hooky from work and go for a ride and stop and have dinner in a little beach town. They enjoyed themselves so much someone said we should do this every Friday the 13th. This past Friday I shared this little town with over 40,000 motorcycles and probably close to 100,000 people.

I can't tell you how many people were surprised to find out how I was spending my long weekend. Just goes to show that everyone can have a little mystery about themselves.

Hubby and I packed up our camping gear all week and loaded our shit on the bike on Thursday night to head into Port Dover. We met up with about 50 of our friends and spent the evening drinking and shooting the shit, generally just catching up on what's been going on for everyone.

We had a great weekend doing our own thing. Love it!

Although I am tired and wish I had a few more days off. And it's going to take me a week to de-program the kids from being at my brother-in-laws. Small price to pay.

1 comment:

jenn said...

Hey i think thats cool!!!! See ya tonight... you can detox here ;) lol