Thursday, December 11, 2008

Can I get a valium??

I just don't get it. I have been up at 5am everyday this week. Can't sleep, This is soooooooo unlike me. I am a sleeper. I like sleep. I LOVE sleep. Don't get me wrong I can go with little sleep for quite sometime. I'm a tough cookie I can gut out tiny babies who don't want to sleep. Or stay up late several nights to complete a project. Sooner or later though I crash and I like it. Glorious sleep.

So I'm puzzled by this new development on waking at 5AM and can't get back to sleep? And I must vehemently declare I DO NOT LIKE IT!

Waking at 4 or 5 AM is for my derranged co-worker who is a coffee addict (and meth and speed and whatever) He is one of THOSE people. He wakes at 4am comes into work, runs 10K at lunch (in 50mins or less) works some more, leaves at 4-4:30 promptly to go pick up his girls and make dinner with them and spend sometime with them, then works some more and goes to bed around 11pm. PSYCHO!

I'm sure he crashes and needs a few days to re-group, in fact I know he does. I wish I could be a little more like him.

I just can't seem to get the productive side going.

Yesterday, I tried. I got up and had my coffee, read a time management book for some tips, threw in a load of laundry, laid out the kids clothes (from the laundry that hadn't been put away from the weekend, doh)made lunches for me and the boy, chatted with hubster when he woke up and got ready for work, had a shower, pulled out stuff for dinner, got dressed, dressed children as they woke up, packed up car, put kid 1 on bus, took kid 2 to babysitter, got to work realatively on time.

Does anyone know what's missing here. Well let me give you a hint. I discovered in at 9PM last night when I thought I should throw in a load of laundry?????

You got it. I nice big load of stinky wet laundry that had to be washed again.

HONESTLY. Like I said I just can't get all the pieces to fall together.

I'm having a pity party for me. Boo!

Today is a new day and I'm going to kick it in the ASS. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

jenn said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

we're all allowed the pity party days!!!!

love ya
xo