Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Aftermath!

Whoa. I can only hope that everyone has had as wonderful of a holiday as we have. We managed so many things this year. We managed to create a wonderful and meaningful Christmas with our families. We made some gifts and stayed on budget for the rest of our expenses. We had great food and made great connections with our family.

the Bug had a great birthday and was delighted that Santa did not forget about us. When he found a gift under the tree for him.

We are finishing up his birthday festivities today with a playdate for him and 3 friends, which should be a great break for all of them in their school holiday.

The peanut just had great fun running around being a crazy 2 1/2 year old, exploring and enjoying all the holidays have to offer.

We have even managed to get them back on somekind of schedule. they are so worn out each day from all the playing that they happily go to bed when the time comes, we have not had too many arguments or meltdowns. Pretty good for everyone being home for 5 days in a row.

We got the tree taken down and the decorations put away. the new clothes are washed and put away. We have cleared out some old toys to donate to make way for the new toys they received. We even have money in the bank. shhhhh! don't tell anyone!

So besides the obvious family and friends being the best part about christmas. I got a prety great surprise. My hubster bought me a NEW CAMERA. A Nikon D60 to call my very own. What a surprise! So I have been having fun learning all about my new camera and taking photos, hopefully I will have some time soon to download and post some photos.

I have to admit we have been very fortunate this year. We have taken steps to control our destiny and our financial situation and they are starting to work. This is the first full year that both the hubster and I have been receiving a full paycheck so that could be why this year seemed a little easier. I have to tell you the prospect of erasing some debt this year instead of just holding it at bay is very exciting.

Sorry this post was a little all over the place. I have a playdate to prepare for. I'll be back soon.

No comments: