Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Simplify

I've been seeing this flying around the blogoshpere. People are choosing their word to live by for the upcoming year. I've seen a few, Focus, Purpose, Happiness. My choice for this 2009...SIMPLIFY.

My life is far too complicated and I need to simplify. I need to de clutter I need to learn how to schedule well and say no to the rest. I need to assign some responsibilities to my wonderful spouse and try to to care how he gets them done.

I need to work a deal with my employer to cut my time at work. I need to clear out old clothes, I need to give away our double appliances, I need to clear out the cobwebs, I need to fix those things that need fixing, the towel rack, the receptacle cover the kids book shelf. All of these things will help me limit the self talk that says "why can't you just get it together"

I have been saying that to myself all year and it is just time to STOP. I am a busy woman and I like it that way. that is the way I am most productive. I have to learn to delegate and deal with it. I have to learn to let some things go. there is no reason I can't have things just the way I want. There has got to be a way to get it to all work together and I tell in 2009 I am going to find out!

I'm doing much better this year for Christmas than last Christmas I have a few t-shirts to pick up and a gift for my 7 year old nephew (if you have any ideas let me know)but other than that I am almost done!

I will be mailing out my out of town gifts tomorrow. Unbelievable! I'm feeling pretty good. And best of all I'm not even out of money yet which is awesome since this is where I usually have to perform some creative financing to get everything paid for. then I go crazy getting everything ready for our taxes so I can pay a few things back.

NOT THIS YEAR WOOT.

SIMPLIFY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - let me know if you figure out that simplify thing. AND THEN TELL ME THE SECRET TO IT.

:)