Thursday, July 10, 2008

Riding the Good Times

I guess late spring was a little depressing in our house. I just couldn't seem to get it together and I had, zero motivation to do anything. Even the blog posts were crappy.

I guess I just needed to get in to the swing of summer because things have picked up in my brain. Obviously the 30 min commute to work on a beautiful day helps.

Today is another beautiful day! So I am committed to running at lunch today even though my legs are a little sore from yesterdays run.

We really need a new bed! I guess that is the main obstacle we face right now. Every morning the two of us wake up with sore backs. Now this wouldn't be so bad if we just had to get a new mattress and box spring but it is never that easy is it? We actually need bedroom furniture, or atleast a real bed. For Christ's sake we are in our late 30's this is our second marriage for both of us... you would think one of us would have a real bed. Not so much!

So we are stuck between a romantic wrought iron style and a darling wood and fabric headboard style that is totally functional because it has drawers underneath and we only need to purchase a new mattress. I am definately sold on the functional piece, but hubby is still on the fence. I gave him 24 hours to decide because damn! a girl needs her beauty sleep.

Next week we have an appointment with a social worker at our Children's treatment centre to discuss the best way to communicate with Bugaloo about his cerebral palsy. He has started to point out differences in people and has asked why certain people walk funny or talk funny or use different equipment. I don't think he has really equated himself as different yet, but I want to be prepared for this discussion when it happens. I guess I am so afraid of saying something that will scar him for life. I suppose I should be satisfied that anything said in love will not scar him for life but the hyper paranoia in me wants professional confirmation of that.

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

1 comment:

jenn said...

ok the whole bad thing makes me giggle... GET A NEW ONE.. hehe

Good luck with figuring all talking to Bugaloo.. I know kids are curious, but they are also very excepting of situations too :) Sending you guys some strength and love..