Monday, July 14, 2008

What did we learn about punching?

Heard at my house before dinner last night.....


Peanut crying because she wanted to be picked up in kitchen where her wonderful, multi-tasking mother was making pasta sauce and pasta and steaming vegetables at the same time and said NO and told her to go watch T.V. for a few minutes. ANYWAY...

Peanut crying...
No crying little scuffling..
Bugaloo: Oh no you won't.
Crying and screaming from both children.

Wonderful mother leaps into action, turns down sauce and pasta and runs to living room.

She enters living room to see peanut lying on her back kicking and hitting, Bugaloo who is over top of her punch and hitting! (WTF?)

What is going on here? Stop what you are doing right this instant! (don't know where that came from, but I'm going to thank my mom)

Put one child on each knee. What happened here?

BUGALOO: I wanted her to stop crying!
MOM: So what happened?
BUGALOO: I punched her!
MOM: What the FUCK? you little SHIT are you on GODDAMNED CRACK (kidding)
MOM: Did she stop crying?
BUGALOO: No...(tears welling up in his eyes) She PUNCHED me back! WAaaaaa I'm so sorry Mom I shouldn't have hit her. Waaaaaaa! She hurt me! waaaaaaaa
MOM: Peanut did you punch your brother?
PEANUT: Nods head up and down.
MOM: Bugaloo, I would like to you apologize to your sister.
BUGALOO: I'm sorry peanut, I'm sorry for punching you.
MOM: Peanut, I would like you to apologize to your brother.
PEANUT: I sorry for hitting.
MOM: Now what did we learn about punching?

BUGALOO: It doesn't work.

ooommmmmmmm!

Dinner is served!

P.S. 10 mins later I hear a THUD in the living room and Bugaloo exclaims HEY! Apparently he was practicing his independent walking between our couch and chair and half way through as he passed his sister, she quietly reached out and SHOVED him and he FELL. Another round of apologies anyone!

1 comment:

jenn said...

ha ha its amazing isn't it?? Sounds like our house...only we've got a few years of that stuff on ya ;) lol

hehe

xo