Friday, October 31, 2008

A Rainbow Moth

My children are complex individuals. We have been busy getting ready for Hallowe'en. the kids are excited and 2 1/2 and almost 5 I think this is the first year they really get it.

The bug started out with wanting to be a spikey caterpillar and then wanted to be a crysallis? that would have been a little tricky and required a LOT of explaining. Luckily he moved on and decided on a MOTH. mmmmmm... In an effort to see his vision I asked What kind of moth. His answer. A Rainbow Moth. mmmmmmmm... In an effort to seek further clarification. What does a rainbow moth look like?

You know... it has wings, with colors and fluttery.

Right I'll get right on that.

turns out when I offered him the chance to paint his own wings all was good and we have an "interesting" costume.

Here's a peek at the action.



And the peanut doing her best Jackson Pollock



HAPPY HALLOWE'EN

No comments: