Friday, January 16, 2009

Change

Yesterday, a co-worker, someone I have worked closely with in the past, someone I considered a friend, someone whose opinions and ideas I respected left our company.

We received a brief email that this person was no longer with the company and that was it. Bob's your uncle!

So I have struggled to reconcile this loss in my life. It's not like we were best friends in fact in the 6-7 years we worked together I never once contacted them in anyway other way then company email and phone number. We never once saw each other outside of a company function.

But for some reason I am sad and feel discombobulated. this is one of those uncomfortable changes in life. It's open ended, no resolution, no goodbye.

I was able to send a brief note with someone that I knew would see this person and that will be the end.

I guess I am feeling the loss of displaced friendship I had, now who will I be able to chat with and make fun of my co-workers with, let off steam with?? but it is not like we were friends in the traditional sense of the word, we shared very little personal information with each other.

I really appreciated this persons ability to think and create ideas, to bring people and ideas together, to think outside the box. I will miss the big ideas.

Strange these relationships that we build. So this is the best I can do put my best and heartfelt wishes out there and hope i hear soon of fantastic things that happening out there because this person can be such a brillant star.

Cheers my friend. It was a wild ride.

-

2 comments:

jenn said...

:(

Hang in there friend...maybe its a sign of change for you too... change yet to come ???

Anonymous said...

I know how that feels. These people become part of your day to day existence, and then suddenly *poof* they're gone. It's weird, work friendships. Hugs.