Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Work Guilt, Home Guilt it's Everywhere!

I'm home today with a sick princess peanut. she is prone to the croup, but she has had a cough for about two days now, last night a fever turned up and today she is coughing more. So I decided to stay home from work to keep an eye on it. I would be really upset if she ended up with pnuemonia because I didn't keep an eye it. Guilt number one.

Now I feel guilty for taking time off work and it's only the 6th day of the year. this is not starting off well. It's that working mom dichotomy. Doesn't matter what;s going on GUILT.

So I am going to stick with my word of the 2009 which is ONE. I can only make ONE decision at the time and I need to focus on ONE situation at a time. I have no control over anything else. I have to do what is best for my family. I just wish I had a little more confidence in my decision and alot less GUILT.

How do you handle these situations??

No comments: