Thursday, January 8, 2009

Super powered hearing and other intuitive powers - A story

There is a phenomena, most of you know of I'm sure. Think back to your childhood. Saturday afternoon, your dad or grandfather was SLEEPING in the la-z-boy, watching something like Blazing Saddles AGAIN. So you quietly sneak up to the TV (before remotes were common)and turn it to the OTHER channel (because we only got two) to watch cartoons. Immeadiately your father or grandfather would awaken and declare " I was watching that". Huh?

Now if you lived in my household you would smartly quip back "how? through your eyelids?" To which the reply would be, "turn it back or else?" I think the or else was going to your room. I never tested it.

Tuesday I witnessed a similar phenomena while I was home with my sick child and the oldest was home his off day of school. the two of them would sit quietly, intently watching a movie or a cartoon show... until I picked up a book, magazine or the computer to do my own thing. The suddenly, my attention was required for a dozen seemily do or die requests, read to me, fix this, help with the puzzle. Are you kidding me. 5 minutes into this emergency activity and they were hooked on their "show" again. I re heated my coffee picked up my book and WHAM! The minions were back.

For all the is considered holy and sacred in this world and any other....

Give me a moments peace will ya!

Have you come across this phemonena in your household??

-

No comments: