Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wrung out - Strung out - just plain ole tired

I have been fighting the exhaustion, My life is exhausting me, my work is exhausting me. I'm finding it hard to get excited about anything. I nearly blew a birthday celebration with weekend. There I found my self on the day before the party at 4pm madly searching the city for some kind of gift for a 7 year old and a 19yrs old. I mean come on!! I am you card carrying list making Type A person how did I let this slip away. So There I found myself on Saturday night at 11pm madly stitching a personal message on a blanket to go with the diary and cool pen for the 19 yr old, just to make it special for her. And madly stamping personalized wrapping paper for the 7 yr old because I know he will think that is the coolest thing ever. And really don't they deserve it! Somehow "tired" just didn't seem like a good excuse.

I could post all day about how fed up I am with the unrealistic expectations on women today but even that seems overwhelming at this point. When did life get so complicated. AND the worst part is I know I have it really really good. Supportive family, great husband, awesome kids. What is my problem!

There are new opportunities opening up at work. I'm not sure I can push through to get there though. I know I can't keep going the way I am. Luckily just in the nick of time I found out my summer student is coming back next week for 6 weeks so I am really excited about that because maybe that will back the pressure off just a little bit.

that way perhaps I can focus on Christmas and not end up giving everyone gift cards from the drug store.

Today, it's go time! I have a doctor's appt but I also have a list of stuff to track down and accquire as part of my plan not to get caught with my PANTs down for Christmas. Wish me LUCK!

I know I can do this - GO!

1 comment:

jenn said...

good luck friend

yeah pants down for christmas..not so good LOL (visual)