Friday, August 22, 2008

Faaaccckkkk! A Friday Post

I think I blew the whole life balance thing this week. First things first I forgot to post a poll for a Friday post topic. So therefore, no Fucking Friday Post! Doink!

It's been a whirl wind week around here not made any better by my fourteen yearold neice who is babysitting. I swear to GOD that girl! She is super with the kids however she a SMALL (read HUGE FUCKING) problem cleaning up after.

SUPER FANTASTIC Bugaloo you re-created Mr. maker's house FABULOUS. Why is there a big fucking orange puddle of paint on my Goddamn carpet! ( I hate the green carpet but that is beside the point. ) OH LOVELY you recreated Mr.Makers couch out of homemade playdough..SUPER! Yes I can see that ground into the chairs in the dining room SWEET. I'm so glad you used food coloring because that won't stain their clothes at all. Now where is the leftover pladough and the containers you made it in. GREAT didn't find those until the next day all hardened in to the containers and I will have to pry out with a chisel. SUPER FUN. You used a TONNE of sitckers to decorate Mr. Maker's Doodle Drawers? I can tell the paper backing of the stickers are ALL OVER the floor. AWESOME!

I can also tell that you had juice boxes, yogurt, granola bars, raisins, gum, and something else that turned in to a BIG ASS pile of crumbs. GOOD GOD!

Whew! Now I have to admit we only pay her 20 bucks for the day so it's alittle over 2bucks an hour But HOLY SHIT! I don't want to hire a restoration crew everyday she babysits.

I don't know how a 14yr can get through life being such a disaster honestly. I don't want to crush her self esteem, I just don't know how to make it clear to her that this is a job she is supposed to be helping me. Not turning my hosue into a disaster zone. I offered her the opportunity to babysit because she was applying to Tim Horton's this would impead her family from travelling to their cottage if she had to work the weekend. So this solved two problems, gave her some spending money and allowed her family to travel on the weekend. How did being nice backfire so badly?

So I am thankful that next week is the last week she is babysitting. Only 2 more days to go. Then I get my cleaning helper back (the neat cousin,too bad she can't babysit).

oohhmmmm!

1 comment:

jenn said...

ok i started to laugh already reading the title of this post ;) LOL

oh hugs to you my friend BIG HUGS ;) hehehe