Saturday, August 23, 2008

Where's the Olympic Spirit?

I have viewed these olympics with mixed feelings. No one can deny Michael Phelps, he has worked hard and trained well and deserved all the praise and medals he has won at these olympics. I am impressed by Dana Torres coming back for what her 4th-5th olympics?

Our totally underfunded Canadians have exceeded our medal total from Athens so rock on to them. Imagine what we could do with actually funding and training facilities that are not shared or donated.

But I am disturbed by a few things I have seen and heard. People judging Usain Bolt the Jamician runner who has been accused of "showboating" and "gloating" over his fellow competitors. Anyone who can run 100m in less than 9.7 seconds can be as happy and "showboatiey" as he likes. The entire Chinese Gymastic team is being investigated again after they have already provided idetification and verification of the gymnasts ages, because there are rumors that many team members are under age. there were two DQs in the mens 200m sprint for steping out on the line. COME ON PEOPLE DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT SHAVED AND EXTRA .25 OFF THEIR TIME.! I think not.

Last but not least I read today that a Marial Arts competitor Kicked a referee in the FACE (are you kidding me?) Because he was upset with the refereeing.

All I have to say is WOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was annoyed by the Bolt guy and his obnoxious grandstanding. I don't care how much talent you have, there's no need for that kind of display. It's tacky and poor sportsmanship. JMO. :)