Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Simon Whitfield - ROCKS

Did anyone see the coverage of the Olymipic men's triathlon. I did and it was AWESOME. Simon struggled with the heat and pacing. In the last two kms he fell behind and I thought the day was done.

He threw off his hat and poured on the inspiration to close a 15 metre gap and pushed through to come in 2nd for the silver medal. I have goose bumps just typing this.

He is so funny. Afterwards I saw an interview with him where he was talking about the differences between seasoned athletes and first timers. He said he was in the staging area listening to his IPOD and playing some games with some of the guys while other "first time" athletes were warming up doing big stretches and little sprints.

He said he just sat back and chuckled to himself." That's it boys, its really HOT out there, go ahead and warm up some more"

I just find him so inspiring, he is such a straightforward, no nonsense, say what's on his mind kinda guy.

I tell you that is what I was thinking as I was funning by myself yesterday for 16 mins without stopping 2 times in a row. Yeah for me! It felt good! Finally!

I might also have a "little" crush on simon whitfield - can you tell?

1 comment:

jenn said...

okay now i'm goggling him lol