Saturday, August 9, 2008

A long short week!

Hope everyone enjoyed their civic holiday. Somehow the August long weekend always kicks my butt. The short week that follows always seems soooooo long.

Can't believe that we are through the first week of August already! We are off to t-ball today and then we'll see where the wind takes us. The kids are tired from spending friday at the farm and could probably use a break today. I know I could use a break today. I am tired.

I ran at lunch all 4 days this week I probably should have taken one day off atleast but if you have been reading this blog for any amount of time you will know that I am really struggling with the concept of muscle weighs more than fat.

That number on the scale keeps climbing I am almost back to where I started which after 3.5 months on running 3 times a week. Is just...well...goddamned depressing.

I know... I know... I fucking know it's not the number on the scale it's how you feel and how your clothes fit. For this I am greatful because A) my jeans look fabulous on my sorry tired ass and B) I think I came within a smidgen of the fabled "runner's high" today. All I know is I didn't feel like a dirty rotten sticky stinky gym sock with a hole in it when I came in from running today.

So life is good.

The Bugaloo is showing signs of his hamstings tightening up again and I can't seem to get a hold of the docs office to get our next round of botox booked. I have been trying to get him in before school starts so he doesn't have to miss a day of school. He's back to toe walking and complaining about it hurting when we ask him to stand flat footed. He has burned through ANOTHER pair of shoes so I will have to break in the spares and go shopping for new spares. Anyone know where I can buy shares in Nike?

The Peanut is progressing nicely through the terrible twos by being...well..what else TERRIBLE! we are on to pouting and generally being disagreeable ALOT. But when she's good she is really good and really CUTE. So we will keep her.

2 comments:

ALF said...

If you feel better then that's totally what counts. I keep getting heavier and feeling worse. Ugh.

jenn said...

oh man... you need a drink. Thats it!!!!

Remind me next time your in to show you some simple stuff to do on him? might help. Don't need much pressure...