Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008

Well what did I expect really... in the last few days of 2007 we had a quick bout of the 24 hr flu run through the house which culminated on New years eve and Jan 1 with both me an hubby sitting on the couch alternatively wrapped in blankets and then sitting in t-shirts and boxers.

Any other time that would be a great evening! but sweating and thinking you're going to shit your pants or throw up detracts from a romantic evening don't you think?

So all I can say is I have high hopes that we have weathered the onslaught to our immune systems and that 2008 will be a little brighter.

Like one of my fellow bloggers, I too am planning on spending a little more time on myself this year. Doing some work on my career or lack thereof as the case may be. Now that hubby is almost finished up and fully licensed I feel the time for my education has come and I need to make some decisions.

I am in negotiations right now with another firm for a position which has more potential than where I am right now, so we will see where that goes.

My heart is still with the non profit sector but there just doesn't seem to be a place for me there right now so I will focus on some fundraising for them and see what I can do for them on that side.

This year will continue to be challenging for BugaLoo as I believe we are almost done with the potty training, now it is the challenge of getting him there every time he has to go. ie the 3 times he woke me up last night because he drank so much before bed. oye!

His last round of botox in the hamstrings seems to have taken welll as we are almost able to get his heels on the floor! We have lost 2 eye patches and are trying to keep the third safe. He needs to where an eye patch half of the day to help build strength in his left eye. We gave him a break when we lost one and then had to start all over again not smart.

Peanut is growing and talking and I expect more of the same. I will be spending the year shopping for clothes that she continually grows out of.

No major epiphanies at the start of this year. But frankly I have been too busy with vomit and pee and toilet seats and trying to get some damn sleep to pause and reflect on what is yet to come.

First thing on the to do list. Sit down and have some quiet time with myself and see how I am doing.!

Happy New year everyone.

No comments: