Monday, January 14, 2008

Who is Cutie Pie?

What a weekend. We had SNOW!. Enough snow to stick to the branches and give that winter wonderland look and feel to everything. BugaLoo woke up and proclaimed SNOW, I LOVE THIS SEASON! Me not so much, we had to drag out the shovels again. Saturday was spent making a grocery list, checking it twice, going grocery shopping, getting everything put away and then realizing I forgot about 15 items. Seriously what the hell!

Yesterday the kids had the longest nap in recorded history! So as hubby was studying for his upcoming exam, I scooted out for a quick visit with my sister and my mom. I had a box of clothes that Peanut has outgrown that I wanted to pass on to her for her little cutie pie.

Sister’s hubby has been out of town this weekend so my sis and her Cutie Pie were visiting my Mom. Our kids are only 6 months apart but at this stage the differences are so noticeable. Peanut has just started putting sentences together and has a vocabulary of about 200 or so words. She also knows about 50 sign language signs. She still has those days where she carries on a conversation with not one proper word. For the most part she is able to communicate effectively.

Cutie Pie, just being that little bit younger has started with words like cheese, cracker, juice, and the people around her. Once we get on to more complex communication we get a lot of sounds, some head tilting and sometimes she just grabs you by the cheeks and looks you right in the eye, says something that vaguely resembles a sentences and then nods her head as if to say “you understand?”

So adorable!

I’m writing this blog entry at work today, shhhh! I just don’t feel like working today. What’s a girl to do? I’m just hoping that by writing this now I will fill my creative need for the day and then be able to move on and process the paperwork that is stacking up on my desk as we speak – well type – well as you are reading!

Sometimes you just have to give into the craving, although I’m not sure that works with chocolate covered almonds and my ass. I am most assured that under any circumstances I should not give into that craving if I have any hope of staying in my pants.

Now I must return fulfilling my obligation, they pay me because I work…..most of the time.

No comments: