Thursday, January 3, 2008

I got this from jenny who got it from Tracey who got it from someone else so here it goes!

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Returned to work after have 2 children! (I am still recovering)
Cried in a bundled up mess in my kitchen floor because I was so overwhelmed.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I had the usual eat better exercise more, the exercise didn’t happen, but we did a lot better at eating well and planning our meals. Are plans for this year are to eat more leftovers and not throw away so much food. As well to try to not use as many chemicals to clean our clothes and home.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My 17 year old cousin and we only found out 6 weeks before baby Morgan came into our lives. But nobody closer than that!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
A girl I went to high school with and still saw socially (toxic shock after child birth). A good friend from the past (lung cancer), my hubby’s best friend’s father (we was in his eighties and had several health issues)
Yikes that’s alot

5. What countries did you visit?
Countries!.... Even if this question was cities, I still wouldn’t have an interesting answer.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Passion and Focus a sense of contribution

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Apr 26 – baby girl turned one!
Jun 2nd – return to work at new location farther from home – sucked
Sept ish – son with cerebral palsy took his first 100 steps – unassisted – totally cool
Dec 20th – completed Christmas shopping or so I thought.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying somewhat sane and only forgetting 2 Christmas presents
Realizing that I need to make some changes in my employment and being willing to do that.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Balancing my life. (I hate to sound repetitive) its what so many of us struggle with.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the usual cold and flu stuff. I actually got a clean bill of health.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A completely new wardrobe to return to work. I set aside the money before I went on leave. I put it in a GIC and with the interest I made I was able to buy shoes! Whaaa hoooo!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband who finished his last section of education and is preparing to write for his electrical license. My sister who returned to work early after having her baby. My BIL who took 3 months paternity leave in a trade where that has never been done before.
My mom and MIL who help look after my kidlets so I can pretend to contribute to society and support them with things like food and shelter.
My fellow bloggers who have continued to expand my thinking with their thinking.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My son’s school administration, even though they knew he was coming they were not prepared nor do I feel they were happy for him to be there. It took us 3 months to get to a place where he can use the bathroom at school. Is that really necessary? I think not!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, Line of Credit, Visa

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
An awesome job opportunity with a totally awesome agency that helps kids with disabilities, that didn’t work out for me, but it did get me thinking about my present and my future and our family life, so it was not a total bust.

Oh yeah and I went to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill in concert – FABULOUS!

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Sexyback by sweet ole JT. I just got the CD in 07 so I am still a little behind but if I need a pick me up that song always puts a spring in my step.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?
A little sadder but I am working on it. This time last year I was on MAT LEAVE enjoying my baby, this year I am working like a dog and trying to figure my life out. Not really comparing Apples to Apples

b) thinner or fatter?
thinner – stress can be useful (only by a few pounds)

c) richer or poorer?
I think richer, we have reduced some debt, put some money in savings, however I still have to check the account before I go grocery shopping .

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercised, spent some time thinking about our family future, playing outside with my family. Looking for more fulfilling employment.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying, about money, dinner time, the kids, the school.
Needlessly spending time on the internet.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Son’s birthday is on Dec 24th so we have a great birthday brunch every year, then we see my family (only 20 mins away) we have the 25th to ourselves and we played with all the new toys. 26th with hubby’s family. It was a truly awesome Christmas.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I stayed in love - way harder, way more worthwhile. (I have to keep the same entry, it is so true)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy, Heros, and sadly I am hooked on the ever shallow and pathetic Tori and Dean – Inn Love (help me)

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is so strong but I do believe there is a dubious few that have disappointed me and my opinion of them is lower now than at this time last year.

24. What was the best book you read?
A little novel called The Birth House, I can’t recall the author. Also, Harry Potter of course. And a great book about Canadian model agent Ben Barry called Fashioning Reality (he came up with the idea for the DOVE “Be yourself” campaign). Ok so I can’t choose the best !

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A totally awesome band called The Joys, they played at a fundraiser we were at and totally rocked the night! They have a my space page you can google them. Sarah is the new Janis Joplin she has the greatest sexy voice.

26. What did you want and get?
A few more great sunny days to play in the sandbox with the kids before I had to go back to work.

27. What did you want and not get?
Personal fulfillment and Balance. Super duper job in fundraising for son’s treatment centre. Boo!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Sadly we did not see very many films this year and I don’t think any that we saw really qualify for favorite,

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Dinner out with my hubby - gelato for dessert and depressingly I was 35

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Coming back to work to my old position instead of the newly created one for me that is infinitely more boring and I hate. (oh there is that word I new it belonged somewhere). Getting new super duper job, closer to home in a field I am more passionate about.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Pretty good, actually! Thanks to carefully planned shopping spree and fashionista sister and her help. Lots of mix and match mostly pants and suits, but a few dresses just for fun. Awesome new black boots with rounded toes.

32. What kept you sane?
Define sane, I didn’t hurt myself or anyone else. I guess getting more involved in the centre where my son receives treatment has helped ground me. Also following a few blogs has let me know that my life is not the only one with lots of hard things in it!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have watched with some vague interest the metamorphasis of Katie Holmes.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am from Canada so this means something different to me than to you guys from the states but, Health Insurance both Public and Private

35. Who did you miss?
My brother , his girlfriend and brother in law, everyone else lives real close to us and we lose track of these two now and then and I miss them . I wish they lived closer.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
A co-worker C.D., who is new to our company, we are becoming fast friends and she is a great dresser, although a few years older than me she has kids as well, and we have a lot in common.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Only you can change what you don’t like about your situation. ( I always knew this, it was just harder this time when looking at money, health, benefits and stress)

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I’m bringing sexy back”

My husband will be happy!

This was a great exercise to reflect on what's going on in my life. thanks girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl, bringing sexy back!

I loved reading your responses, and saw it was interesting that we had several similar responses.

Also, I just have to tell you that your comment on my blog about "You don't have to be a MSSW specializing in pediatiric oncology to do honorable, noble,heroic and inspiring things" was just about the nicest thing I've read in...well, 2008 so far! :) Thank you.