Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cast of Characters - My peeps

So I thought I would take a moment to introduce a few of my friends:

The Dutchess - She and I worked together for a few years in the late 90s and hit it off and have been friends ever since. I am the godmother to her two girls who are just amazing. For the last 5 years she has been living in a different city about 2 hours away (1 hr 45 mins if your lucky). We have many interests in common and are the same age almost exactly. We are 4 days apart (she is older of course, it is one of the only things I have to hang over her). We talk as often as we can and email always to keep in touch. She is my counsellor and confidant and has seen me through a separation, reconciliation, separation and divorce.

Ms. Missy: Ms. Missy and I also met at work in the late 90s and have become closer and closer over the years. I quite enjoy her company as she is always cheerful and positive. More recently she has become someone I turn to on a regular basis as we are often on the same wave length on a variety of issues. She is also my supplier of children's hang me downs as her kids are a few years older than mine. She is one year younger than me.

Nurse K: Well I can hardly call her a nurse anymore, she has completed a B SC. and has held several administration positions in her area of expertise. Nurse K and I went to high school together. She has been there for me through thick and thin. I really can't explain in words how much she means to me. She has proven the true meaning of friendship with me and I will be forever grateful to her. I am also godmother to her fourth child. (yes she stopped at 4) She amazes me with everything she can get done in a day,week,year. Nurse K and I don't see each other as much as we would like to. I think we are at 2 times a year. But we try hard and acknowledge the big things when they come along.

My sissy: My sister she bears repeating, we have had our ups and downs but I really don't know what I would do without her.

These are my closest and dearest friends. The circle is ever expanding. But I count on these guys to keep me sane and balanced.

1 comment:

jenn said...

Ah supporters that are there thick and thin are the best!!!

Happy thursday :)