Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

This year we decided not to make a huge deal out of the day! Since 2008 is about asserting our priorities, debt and consumer reduction.

Hubby always sends me flowers at work. This year I asked that my gift be, to NOT send me flowers at work.

It is nice, don't get me wrong, but for what reasons. Everyone ohhs and ahhs and tells me how lucky I am! BUT I ALREADY KNOW THAT! He treats me like a very special person everyday, I don't need him to announce it to the world.

So this year I asked him to not spend the $100 or more on flowers for the office to enjoy, but instead, since we have to go out this weekend anyway, pay for a sitter and dinner at our favorite pub (since I'm cheating on my TOPS and I have been planning for it all week), shit we might even have a few bucks left over, SWEET.

Examples of how my honey is sweet everyday.

There is always coffee ready for me in the morning (this may be a survival technique)
He takes care of the compost, recycle and garbage
He scraps my car off and shovels a path to my car
He kisses me on the forehead before he leaves
He whispers sweet nothings to me every night when I crawl into bed.
He supports my career aspirations, through my many job interviews
He takes time off work to do the treatment appointments for BugaLoo
He is funny and has a great sense of humor
He thinks I'm funny, smart, pretty and likes me for who I am.

I love my honey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well now you're just making me look bad.

:)