Thursday, February 21, 2008

Clutter ahhh!

As I am packing for the weekend I am realizing that I have some clutter that I need to get rid of.

Why do we hang on to these things? I sheet of stickers with 2 stickers left on it, I don't even like the stickers! So not wanting to waste anything I quickly made a little love note to stick in Hubby's lunch pail and managed to feel good about myself and getting rid of a piece of clutter.

Now what about the other 50lbs of crap in my house. Baby Steps!

I found a couple of sites that may help me out.

http://www.clutterdietblog.com/ and http://www.changeyourlifechallenge.com/

I also picked up the book, It's All too Much by Peter Walsh.

One tip that makes sense to me is going through each room and deciding what it's purpose is, what you want out of the room. then you get rid of what does not belong and lend itself to this purpose. Great Idea! But at some point you have a load of shit left over and that's the scary part for me.

Hubby already thinks I am trying to get rid of all his "stuff" he has a hard time realizing that I am getting rid of stuff too.

When you don't get married and settle down until your in your 30's you just don't realize how much crap you have to get rid of.

So next week I will post some photos of our crap so you can feel my pain and travel on the journey.

1 comment:

jenn said...

ugh i have clutter too, but its not too, too bad. We have no room for it to get overwhelming. We have a good sized house, but no storage ;) lol

have a great weekend!