Saturday, February 2, 2008

everyone worth knowing - Book Review

everyone worth knowing - Lauren Weisberger
Previous titles - the devil wears prada

I read this book so quickly that I didn't have time to put in on my list.

This is a story about a girl who has spent 5 years in investment banking in New York (poor girl) and has become disenchanted with her life. Through a series of connections she moves on to be one of Manhattan's premiere party planners and PR people and how she deals with the bells and whistles and papparazzi that goes with that.

It starts out slow, what I think is painfully slow. The first third of the book actually still leaves me wondering if I really needed to know that much about the main character. Finally, something interest actually happens and it definately picks up in the end. It was hard to put down during the last few chapters.

You can tell it is the second out for an author who had a first smash hit and was asked to push something out sooner rather than later.

It will probably still get made into a movie.

Over all a great read for the beach!

PS. We still have copious amounts of snow, I will try to load a photo this weekend, but I guess I will be too busy shovelling, ahh! (this photo is from the last storm we had but the view out my window today is exactly the same)


No comments: