Friday, February 8, 2008

Fat Club

We have started this new "Wellness initiative" at work. The goal and focus this year is to work on our "heart health".

Or as I like to call it FAT CLUB.

This week on Tuesday was our first meeting in which we signed up for our chosen program which is called TOPS (Taking off pounds sensibly. This included filling in various forms and receiving a booklet about preparing for a healthy lifestyle.

To summarize: Move your ass, Put the fork down.

Then we had a weigh in ugg! Although my superior self esteem does not consider myself fat. I must admit that after 2 babies and not so much physical activity I am shall we say SOFT. This was particularly noted yesterday after shoveling out the bus 2 times and the driveway. OUCH! My back is sore.

I have been watching my food intake and even put it into this cool program called EATracker.

It told me that I am eating too many carbs (duh) and not enough veggies (double duh).

I am having a little competition with the lady that sits across from me at work as we both love the chocolate, the beer, and the chips and dip. Here are our goals for the first week:

No Beer during the week
No eating after 7pm
No junk food (totally suckie rule)
Exercise 3 times a week for 20 mins

I will let you know if this deprivation made a difference on Tuesday at my next FAT CLUB Meeting.

1 comment:

jenn said...

lol the Fat Club..i love it. I need to join too, but I don't think I have enough self power/will to give the junk food. LOL After hockey is over and I'm not in arenas maybe??? lol

good luck :)